The videos from the “Human Operating-System Literacy” presentation are embedded on this page, as you will see when you scroll down, but first a word of orientation.
The content for this presentation was chosen in the context of the earlier “What Time Is It?” presentation. In particular, it was chosen to:
- identify the key cognitive and emotional shifts that we need to move from an Empire Era “mind” into a Planetary Era “mind”
- go into the underlying “operating system” that, once understood, can enable new patterns of behavior that may well seem like a new human nature
- be especially useful to those who want to help make the shift into the Planetary Era be as graceful as possible – starting with their own shift
- work together with the “Systems Literacy” presentation, which is the other half of Foundation Stone 2: “Tools For The Journey”.
The presentation was given 21 January 2015 in Seattle to a small group of friends and friends-of-friends who served as a studio audience for creating the videos.
With a focus on “literacy,” these videos provide an introduction to a territory. As such, they are foundational for much that is still to come.
The videos are:
- Part 1 – Culture As Interface, Human Operating System and Working Memory
- Part 2 – Biology Of Mind and Human Operating System
- Part 3 – Human Operating System (cont.)
- Part 4 – Patterns
- Part 5 – Optimal Zone
These videos are full HD (1080p) and best viewed full screen. If you have trouble viewing them because of your internet connection speed, please try the link before each video that says “YouTube alternative.” This will give you more resolution choices.
Part 1 – Culture As Interface, Human Operating System and Working Memory
This 15-minute video sets the context. It introduces Culture As Interface, the Human Operating System and working memory. (YouTube alternative.) Click here for a PDF of the slides used in this video.
Part 2 – Biology Of Mind and Human Operating System
This 15-minute video explores the biology of mind, the Human Operating-System model, awareness, and thinking fast and slow. (YouTube alternative.) Click here for a PDF of the slides used in this video.
Part 3 – Human Operating System (cont.)
This 20-minute video addresses affect, memory, pattern, cognitive modes (linguistic-linear, visual-spacial, kinesthetic-somatic) and has a demo about color that you can play with here. (YouTube alternative.) Click here for a PDF of the slides used in this video.
Part 4 – Patterns
This 20-minute video is about patterns – in the brain, metaphors and frameworks, signal and noise demo (you can play with it here), objects, patterns and reality. (YouTube alternative.) Click here for a PDF of the slides used in this video.
Part 5 – Optimal Zone
This 22-minute video is about the Optimal Zone – underlying biology; characteristics; attachment; trauma; Optimal Zone hygiene, first-aid and healing; Optimal Zone and the Empire to Planetary transition. (YouTube alternative.) Click here for a PDF of the slides used in this video.
A PDF of the original presentation slides is also available. The links to the demos on slides 52 and 62 are live and you are welcome to play with these demos.
Many thanks to the following people who helped with the presentation and the videos:
- Event planning and coordination: Lianna Gilman
- Introduction: Spring Cheng
- Presenter cinematography: Bill Phillips
- Audience cinematography: Ian Gilman
- Sound engineer: Greg Garbarino
- Event volunteer coordination: Joe Shirley
- Event volunteers: Lianna Gilman, Chris Clark, Eldan Goldenberg, Jeff Hammerquist, LightFoot McBride, Josie Straka, Woosi Wildwood
- Post-production and editing: Robert Gilman
Original page: 23 February 2015
Update: 5 January 2016